What information is collected?
The types of personal information about an individual that Business Sales and Valuations may collect include:
- contact information, such as name, work address, email address, work phone number, mobile phone number
- occupation / position title and organisation name
- history of correspondence and other interactions with ABS.
How do we collect the information?
Business Sales and Valuations only collects information by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonable or intrusive way. We do not purchase personal information from direct marketing organisations. Business Sales and Valuations collects information the following ways:
- from you when you provide the information to us face-to-face or by phone, email or our website
- from your work colleagues
- from publicly available sources.
What information do we give you?
When collecting personal information Business Sales and Valuations takes reasonable steps to ensure that you are aware of our identity and how to contact us. You are able to access the information or query Business Sales and Valuations purpose for collecting the information by contacting Business Sales and Valuations at any time via phone (07) 3398 8140 or email: email@example.com
Why is the information collected and how is it used?
Business Sales and Valuations collects information, including personal information, to assist it in performing its functions and activities. This means that we may use your personal information for any of the following purposes.
- Business Sales and Valuations core role of providing Business Broking Services
- fulfilling Business Sales and Valuations role in delivering consultancy services to you or your organisation
- facilitating networking between members of networking groups coordinated by Business Sales and Valuations
- communicating information regarding our services which may be of use to you or your organisation
- sending electronic newsletters via email
- other general communications such as seasonal best wishes.
Can we disclose your information?
Business Sales and Valuations will only disclose your personal information as permitted under the Privacy Act or when you consent to the disclosure. We do not routinely disclose personal information to any third party, and are not likely to do so to any overseas recipients.
How do we protect your information?
We take all reasonable steps to make sure the personal information we collect is complete and up to date and to protect it from misuse and loss from authorised access, modification or disclosure. Our staff receive appropriate education regarding privacy. Our electronic and physical storage systems are protected by methods in line with accepted industry standards.
Can you access or correct your information?
You have a right to request access to the personal information we hold about you. We will comply with such a request, unless there is a legal reason not to. If you wish to correct the personal information we hold about you, contact us as detailed below.
How to contact us or make a complaint
Business Sales and Valuations
PO Box 570, Carina, Qld 4152, Australia
Phone: +61 7 3398 8140